Monday, April 12, 2010

"My girl is Haitian and she cooks Thai food, what you know about that"- Junia T

What a relatively fantabulous end of week/weekend I had. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I’m going to say that it’s the weather. It’s motivated me to be in the kitchen and cook, and sweat over the stove and host and feed everyone. I’m really not sure where the logic is behind it but it works. After hitting up Oceans, which is by the way a fantastic Asian Grocery store and market with super fantabulous pricing, my cousin Tara and I spent a little over an hour in there shopping. I went back home and decided I was in the mood for some Indian cuisine. So I made some Tikka Masala chicken with potatoes and some Naan! Woooooo, I threw DOWN in the kitchen. It came out super fantastic.


Now since I’ve moved to Brampton, my mom hasn’t been over and it’s been maybe a month or so now. So I decided that I was going to make dinner and invite her over. So I did just that. Saturday before AND after my date with J (which I’ll touch on a bit later) I seasoned up all my meats n got things ready. Sunday I spent a wreck less amount of hours in the kitchen boiling, frying, stewing, and grilling everything around me. I made Rice and Peas (traditionally made on Sundays) jerk chicken (very mild) potato salad, ribs (beef) stir fry noodles and a regular garden salad (which my sister made in like 4 minutes). Junia even added his own signature piece to the menu; Cookie dough Chunk Cheesecake!!!!!!!!! I know riiiight?!? Can you believe it, and I get to be with him…lmao. He beat that crème cheese into submission and rolled all the cookie dough up ever so delicately. Now moms favorite crème glace is Pralines and Crème (Bryers cause she loves luxury) so I served desert which was fruits n ice crème Jen bought an apple pie but it didn’t really get anyone excited. So the table consisted of me and Junia, mom and her Beau, my sister Jen and my cousin Cali who just randomly stopped by. At first because it was so much food I was a bit nervous about how things would turn out. But you’d be surprised how good things turn out when you’re sipping on Chardonnay and Piffin while you cook. Everyone cleaned their plates so I think that means it went good. They enjoyed it, especially mom, and that’s all that mattered. After the food subsided and the Appleton found its way to the table, I pretty much didn’t see my mom until she went home. **Sigh**

Sina n LaLa came to check me towards the end of the night, but I had already been shutting down mentally since about 830pm, so at this point I was barely holding on. Oddly enough the same thing had happened Saturday night when they came over. Now, again I had been sipping n piffin all day (alone), so once they arrived, my buzz was coming to a slow and bitter end, I was not very host worthy. Sorry Ladies, I love you but shiiiit. They were still riding off their Moxies escapades. If you know Juicy n Sina J, just multiply that by 3 add 2 boys, 1 mother, 2 drunk white guys and one new girlfriend. That’s an event in itself, oh ya, not to mention plenty of FREE complimentary shots. They brought that energy to my house at like 11pm, with my 3 cousins, my sister, my boys Mensah and James and just decided to have a dancehall party IN my kitchen, I clearly wasn’t having it and passed out after a while.

<---Breakfast of Champions**Champaigne Sipping!

So Saturday, prior to the intoxication, J and I had a date. Initially I believe he wanted to do a picnic, time and weather pending. It wasn’t as toasty as we intended so plans had changed. Date aside thought for a second, we had to make ONE stop first. This was probably one of the most important “stops” I would have had to make in life and that’s a stop to his mother’s house. I’d heard of her, spoken briefly to her on the phone so I guess J decided it was time to meet. I must admit I was a bit nervous; I’d never met a MOM before. I guess this means something. She was lovely, real warm! She pulled THE ULTIMATE “I’m his mother and I like you a lot” move. She ran upstairs and pulled out the photo album. Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that when a mother pulls out a photo album it’s a good sign. If they chose to share their family history with you, you’re in! lol. So after maybe 3 hugs and 2 “you’re beautiful”, it was time to head out. We went straight downtown, did some walking, some eating and headed back to the west end. He showed me a few boutiques that I absolutely have to bring the girls to.I love the downtown life, and he knows it so well, why not fuse the two together and see what comes of it. I cant wait till Harbourfront season!!It was perfect <3



Planets are aligning, stars are moving and God is working, in everyone’s life, not only mine, but you just have to keep our eyes open.

Real Life Love

Remstaar**

No comments:

Post a Comment