Monday, April 5, 2010

Holidays?

This is how I know things in life are changing and everyone is growing up. This is the 3rd holiday that I’ve spent without my direct family. For Christmas my mom went to New York and my lil sis and I spent Christmas with Junes (it was amazing of him but still missed the dukes n the whole crew at Christmas breakfast). Then Family day weekend was spent in Montreal with the girls and Junes as well (actually that wasn’t too bad cause we made a trip down into the city to see my dad and likkle sis again).


More recently was Easter. Now this one was completely Solo Dolo. On my Kid Cudi pose. Mom, big sis Jenz, likkle sis Yanique in Montreal, cousin Tasha in Windsor, Junes in Jamaica, cousin Tara back n forth between church and work.


So I spent my Friday night saying bye to everyone, kicked it with my boy Brian at moms place, Saturday with the girls at a friend bday party, Sunday I spent cleaning, taking pictures of myself and hunting for a grocery store (No luck they were all well closed) I should have known better to do my groceries on Saturday, but I was at the salon working my tail off with my cousin Kay.
It was quiet, a lil too quiet. I found myself blasting music in 2 rooms as if the house were a club. The point I’m trying to make is that everyone’s doing their own thing, which goes to show just how much growing has already occurred.


I remember when Holidays were a lot more fun, a lot more family, and a lot more food. I kind of miss it (a lot) but it just means I need to prepare myself cause soon I’m gonna be the one organizing all the family events. I think dinner this Sunday would be a good idea. I’ll have mom over and go all out. I know she’ll love it, and so will the rest of the fam; get my chef on. There’s nothing better than your family and a bottle of wine, maybe just MY family and a bottle of wine.


Wish me luck.


Ooooooooweee!! My punkin comes back home today, I’m pretty excited about it. Miss him like mad. I can’t wait to see his Jamaica tan lmao and hear some of the work he got to do. Live bands, beaches and blunts are an amazing source of inspiration. The water does something to you as well. Trust me he needs to be away from the city more than anything!

Real Life Lady
Remstaar**

No comments:

Post a Comment