Monday, March 15, 2010

Put the mans flag down, please




Soooooo I’m listening to the radio at work. I hear the K’naan Waving Flag melody, but for some insane reason I hear other voices, none of which belong to Knaan. WTF!
First they destroy “We Are the World” and now poor K’naans track. This song was one of my favorites from the Troubadour Album, before World Cup picked it up.
So now the “Canadian Edition” of Waving flag, I’m assuming its Olympics related or Haiti Related but I don’t think it was necessary. Yes we all love Avril, Nelly, Drake n Kardi, not to mention Justin Beaber, but common. This has been a year of some really sucky ass remakes n remixes. I wish it never happened.
I mean I don’t know exactly how K’naan feels about it. Maybe he totally digs it. But I just feel like it means less coming from these people, I believe its Knaans original struggle n growth. I mean im sure the song is relatable. But it just doesn’t feel as sincere to me. I could just be sensitive today, but who cares. I still don’t like the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment